Dear members of the South Portland school community. It has recently come to our attention that a website located at (www.southportlandredriots[dot]com) has been created that uses the School Department’s name and mascot to, among other things, attempt to convince users to pay to sponsor certain elements of the site, purchase “Red Riot” apparel, and to use something called “Red Riotbucks” and “Red Riotmail.” Please be aware that this website is not affiliated with the South Portland School Department in any way.
- Board of Education
- Board Meetings
- Policy Book
- Secondary Schools Facilities Committee
- SPHS Building Committee
- Task Forces
Welcome to the SPSD website. We hope you find our website provides you the information you need to be informed about our eight schools and our district. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.
Our district mission, "Enriching Lives Through Quality Learning For All," is the cornerstone of all of our work. To access our Comprehensive Education Plan which outlines our District Goals and ongoing school improvement work, please follow the links.
An important component of our district focus continues to be our facilities. Thanks to a supportive community, all five of our district's elementary schools provide students with equitable learning spaces throughout the district. A School Board appointed Secondary School Facilities Committee has been working for six years to study and plan for renovation or reconstruction of our middle school. Middle School plans are being developed through the State Department of Education's Priority School application process.
As a school department we are proud of our progress toward improving student achievement and value our community partnerships toward supporting the youth of South Portland. Please explore our district and school website for more information.
- November 2013 Photos
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - September
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - August 2013
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - March
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - June
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - May
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - April
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - December 2012
2014-15 calendar year overview http://tinyurl.com/pvmap6r
December 14, 2015 - 7:00pm
January 11, 2016 - 7:00pm
January 25, 2016 - 7:00pm
February 8, 2016 - 7:00pm
February 22, 2016 - 7:00pm
March 14, 2016 - 7:00pm
March 22, 2016 - 7:00pm
March 24, 2016 - 7:00pm
- 1 of 2
- Spare School Bus Driver
- Spare Bus Attendant(s)
- Speech and Language Pathologist - contract service provider
- Substitute Nurses - District wide
- Lunch Aide - Brown, Small and Skillin Elementary Schools
- Teacher of English Language Learners (grades K-5)
- Class Size Reduction (Kindergarten) Ed Tech III - remainder of the 15-16 School Year