Maine State Retirement
A NOTICE ABOUT YOUR ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN
THE MAINE PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM
The City of South Portland approved an order adopting a policy from ME PERS that reopens your eligibility to join their plan as a participating local district (PLD) member. Please find more information about this offering below.
- Why am I getting this notice?
- My coworkers all got a notice; why didn't I get one?
- What is Maine State Retirement?
- I thought I was already paying into retirement?
- I have a 457B. If I join Maine State Retirement, what happens to it?
- I want to join Maine State Retirement; What do I do?
- I do not want to join Maine State Retirement; What do I do?
- I don't want to join Maine State Retirement; can I open a 457B now?
- This is confusing. Can you tell me what to do!?
For more Information
ME PERS staff are offering Zoom meetings. Please contact them at PLD@mainepers.org for a schedule and/or to register.
You may also call Line Larrabee, Retirement Services Specialist at (800) 451-9800 during regular business hours.