MONDAY, JANUARY 14, 2019
SOUTH PORTLAND HIGH SCHOOL - LECTURE HALL
Call to Order
House Johnson Kirk Matthews Perkins Wiesendanger Tipton
Student Representatives Gailey Turner
Pledge of Allegiance
Report of the Secretary
1. Approval of the minutes from the Regular Meeting held on Monday, December 10, 2018.
Report of the Chair
1. Announcement of the State of the Schools Presentation: Monday, January 23, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in the SPHS
2. Announcement of the next Regular Meeting of the Board of Education: Monday, February 11, 2019 at
7:00 p.m. in the SPHS Lecture Hall.
Report of the Superintendent
1. Announcements/Recognitions – Mr. Kunin
2. Retirements - Mr. Kunin
Ruthann Baker, Grade 5, Brown Elementary School
3. Report on Enrollment – Mr. Kunin
4. Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Update – Ms. Welter
5. FY20 Budget Update – Mr. Kunin
6. Report on New Business – Mr. Kunin
Audience of Citizens - Topics on the Agenda
Citizens in the audience will be privileged to speak to a topic on the agenda. Such privilege is to be limited to one presentation per citizen of not more than five minutes.
Report of Committees
1. Report of the Finance Committee – Ms. House/Mr. Perkins
2. Report of the Buildings & Grounds Committee – Mr. Matthews/Ms. Kirk
3. Report of the Policy Committee – Ms. Tipton
4. Report of the Middle School Building Committee - Mr. Matthews
Next meeting of the committee: January 17, 2019 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.at SPHS in Room 221.
1. Consideration and action to accept the donations/grants:
- Donation of $2000 from the Stephen and Tabitha King Foundation toward the cost of books for the Learning Commons at Dyer Elementary School.
- Donation of $550 from the Portland Water District toward the cost of installation of a water bottle filling station at Dyer Elementary School.
- Donation of $1000 from the Portland Regional chambers of South Portland and Cape Elizabeth Community Chapter for the Memorial Enrichment Days activities and PBIS rewards.
- Donation of $1000 from the South Portland/Cape Elizabeth Community Chamber of Commerce to be used toward an outdoor classroom this spring as part of the SPHS Courtyard Project.
- Donation of $1930 to the South Portland School Department school libraries from Inn By The Sea’s “Books for a Booking” promotion. The Inn also donated books with a total value of $185.87.
*Audience of Citizens - Open Discussion
*Citizens in the audience will be privileged to speak on any educational topic. Such privilege is to be limited to one presentation per citizen of not more than five minutes.
- 2018-2019 School Year Meetings
- 2017-2018 School Year Meetings
- 2016-2017 School Year Meetings
- New Panel
January 8, 2019 City/School Budget Guidance
July 9 Special Meeting, Regular Meeting
|July 10, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|June 12, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|June 12, 2017||Special Meeting|
|May 8, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|April 10, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|April 10, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 30, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 28, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 23, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 21, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 13, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|March 6, 2017||Workshop|
|February 27, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|January 23, 2017||State of the Schools|
|January 9, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|December 14, 2016||Regular Meeting|
|December 5, 2016||Inauguration|
|December 5, 2016||Special Meeting|
|November 14, 2016||Regular Meeting|
|November 14, 2016||Workshop|
|October 12, 2016||Regular Meeting|
|September 26, 2016||Workshop|
|September 12, 2016||Regular Meeting|
|August 29, 2016||Regular Meeting|