- 2018-2019 School Year Meetings
- 2017-2018 School Year Meetings
- 2016-2017 School Year Meetings
- New Panel
MONDAY, JULY 8, 2019
SOUTH PORTLAND HIGH SCHOOL - LECTURE HALL
Call to Order
House Johnson Kirk Matthews Perkins Wiesendanger Tipton
Pledge of Allegiance
Report of the Secretary
1. Approval of the minutes from the Regular Meeting held on Monday, June 10, 2019.
Report of the Chair
1. Announcement of the Board of Education Retreat, Monday, August 19, 2019 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the SPHS Learning Commons.
2. Announcement of the next Board of Education Regular Meeting: Monday, August 26, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the SPHS Lecture Hall.
Report of the Superintendent
1. Announcements/Recognitions – Mr. Kunin
2. Resignations and Retirements – Mr. Kunin
Resignations: Aaron Toman, STEM, Memorial
Gretchen McCloy, (.6FTE) Guidance Counselor, Memorial
Katie Gillihan, Nurse, Skillin
Kristin Goodall, Music, Skillin
Myra Caron, Grade 5, Skillin
3. First Year Reflections – Ms. LaForge
4. Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Update – Ms. Welter
5. Federal Grants Presentation – Ms. Germani
6. Report on New Business – Mr. Kunin
Audience of Citizens - Topics on the Agenda
Citizens in the audience will be privileged to speak to a topic on the agenda. Such privilege is to be limited to one presentation per citizen of not more than five minutes.
Report of Committees
1. Report of the Finance Committee – Ms. House/Mr. Perkins
2. Report of the Buildings & Grounds Committee – Mr. Matthews/Ms. Kirk
3. Report of the Policy Committee – Ms. Tipton
4. Report of the Middle School Building Committee - Mr. Matthews
1. Consideration and action to approve the following personnel items:
a. Issuance of First continuing Contracts:
Laurie Milton, Art, Mahoney
Helen Gillis, Kindergarten, Dyer
Chantal Joubi, French, SPHS
Myra Caron, Assistant Principal, Skillin
Madison Dudley, Grade 2 (.5FTE) Intervention (.2FTE), Kaler
Kristen Donaldson, Grade 5, Small
Melinda Nudd, Grade 4, Small
Paige Carter, Instructional Support Composite Room 6-8, Memorial
Dianne Reardon, Grade 6 Resource Room, Memorial
Matthew Toothaker, PE/Health, SPHS
Paul Foley, Grade 7 Resource Room, Memorial
Jill Darling, Science (.5FTE), Memorial
Jasmine Bird, STEM, Memorial
Doug Schaefer, 6-8 Resource Room, Mahoney
2. Consideration and action to recommend to the City Council a November 2019 referendum authorizing the bonding for the South Portland Middle School project.
3. Consideration and action to approve the purchase of one (1) Type “C” school bus with Wheelchair Lift as specified in bid #02-20 at a cost of $99,700 from O’Connor.
4. Consideration and action to approve the purchase of two (2) Type “C” school buses as specified in bid #03-20 at a cost of $94,900 each from O’Connor.
5. Consideration and action to authorize the Superintendent to sign a contract for the construction of a quiet room at Memorial Middle School at a cost not to exceed $15,000.
6. Consideration and action to approve the revised 2019-2020 school year calendar.
7. Consideration and action to accept the donations/grants:
· $5000. Donation from the Brick and Beam society to Jodelle Austin, PreK teacher at Skillin Elementary School.
*Audience of Citizens - Open Discussion
*Citizens in the audience will be privileged to speak on any educational topic. Such privilege is to be limited to one presentation per citizen of not more than five minutes.
June 10, Regular Meeting & Special Meeting
March 19, 2019 Budget Workshop Meeting
January 14, 2019 Regular Meeting
January 8, 2019 City/School Budget Guidance
July 9 Special Meeting, Regular Meeting
|July 10, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|June 12, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|June 12, 2017||Special Meeting|
|May 8, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|April 10, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|April 10, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 30, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 28, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 23, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 21, 2017||Budget Workshop|
|March 13, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|March 6, 2017||Workshop|
|February 27, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|January 23, 2017||State of the Schools|
|January 9, 2017||Regular Meeting|
|December 14, 2016||Regular Meeting|
|December 5, 2016||Inauguration|
|December 5, 2016||Special Meeting|
|November 14, 2016||Regular Meeting|
|November 14, 2016||Workshop|
|October 12, 2016||Regular Meeting|
|September 26, 2016||Workshop|
|September 12, 2016||Regular Meeting|
|August 29, 2016||Regular Meeting|