- Board of Education
- Board Meetings
- Inauguration Speech
- Policy Book
- Secondary Schools Facilities Committee
- SPHS Building Committee
- Task Forces
School Closing Information
School Closing Procedures
The South Portland School Department system uses a variety of sources of information to determine whether to close schools, or dismiss school early. These sources include actual physical inspection of the roads and school conditions by transportation officials and other staff at spots throughout the district, and an analysis of independent reports from the South Portland Public Works Department and the National Weather Service.
Consistent procedures are maintained in order to respond quickly to emergency weather conditions and protect the safety and well being of students.
All public schools within the South Portland School Department adhere to the same procedures concerning emergency weather conditions. The decision to change school operations is made by the Superintendent of Schools or her designee and will affect all schools within the school system.
Information about school operations is announced publicly as soon as possible on local radio and television stations.
Television Stations Radio Stations
Channel 6 WBLM 102.9 FM
Channel 8 WPOR 101.9 FM
Channel 13 WGAN 5600FM
WYNZ 100.9 FM
WJBQ 97.9 FM
If schools are closed or delayed, the announcement is usually made by 5:30 am. If schools are closing early, the announcements are made in a timely manner.
Schools may be closed early, and all operations affecting dismissal of students including Bus Transportation will be activated earlier than the regular school closing time.
The Superintendent of Schools will decide if school and community activities for the afternoon and evening are cancelled.
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - September
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - August 2013
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - March
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - June
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - May
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - April
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - December 2012
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update - December 2012