Volunteer in our Schools
It is the belief of the South Portland School Department that by creating strong ties between the community and the schools, everyone benefits. By preparing well our future leaders, we secure the elements that make our society vibrant, productive and stable.
Hundreds of volunteers annually contribute thousands of hours, dollars, and resources in a wide variety of ways:
- Helping students in the classrooms
- Chaperoning field trips and dances
- Assisting in the computer labs and libraries
- Supporting booster organizations and parent groups
- Providing clerical assistance in school offices
- Mentoring, tutoring, academic assistance
- Sharing business and professional expertise"
Click here for a schedule of trainings and necessary forms
Yearly background checks are required for field trip chaperones. Applications should be submitted one week prior to field trip.
Have questions or want more information? Please contact Molly Aldrich, Director of Volunteer Services, email@example.com, or 773-5629, ext. 3432