- Board of Education
- Board Meetings
- Policy Book
- Secondary Schools Facilities Committee
- SPHS Building Committee
- Task Forces
JLIE Student Automobile Use and Parking
STUDENT AUTOMOBILE USE AND PARKING
The South Portland Board of Education provides bus transportation for students within the distance guidelines as established by the Board. It is the preferred means of transport for students to and from school.
South Portland High School students may be allowed to use legally registered automobiles and other legally registered motorized vehicles for transportation to and from school. Students shall be expected to abide by any and all rules and regulations as may be set forth by the Board of Education as well as the regulations and laws set forth by the South Portland Police Department and the State of Maine Motor Vehicle Department.
All vehicles so used will be properly parked in school parking lots and may not be moved or entered during school hours, prior to dismissal of the student, without the permission of the Principal or his/her designee. School parking lots are considered school “storage facilities.”
Students who do not observe the school rules regarding the use of vehicles or who do not operate them on school property in a safe and prudent manner may lose the privilege to bring their vehicles to school.
Adopted: January 11, 2010
- November 2013 Photos
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - September
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - August 2013
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - March
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - June
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - May
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - April
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - December 2012