- Board of Education
- Board Meetings
- Policy Book
- Secondary Schools Facilities Committee
- SPHS Building Committee
- Task Forces
JLCB Immunization of Students
IMMUNIZATION OF STUDENTS
All students who enroll in the school unit schools are required by Maine law to present a certificate of immunization or evidence of immunization or immunity against poliomyelitis, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus, measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox).
Non-immunized students shall not be permitted to attend school unless one of the following conditions are met:
A. The parents/guardians provide to the school written assurance that the child will be immunized within 90 days of enrolling in school or his/her first attendance in classes, whichever date is earlier. This option is available only once to each student during their school career; or
B. The parents/guardians provide a physician’s written statement each year that immunization against one or more diseases may be medically inadvisable (as defined by law/regulation); or
C. The parents/guardians state in writing each year that immunization is contrary to their sincere religious or philosophical beliefs.
The Superintendent shall exclude from school any non-immunized student when notified by the State Bureau of Health Center for Disease Control, there is a clear danger to the health of others as provided by law.
The Superintendent/designee is directed to develop such administrative procedures as are necessary to carry out this policy and comply with statutory requirements.
Legal Reference: 20-A MRSA §§ 6352-6359
Chapter 126 (Me. Dept. of Ed. Rules)
Cross Reference: JLCC – Communicable/Infectious Diseases
JRA – Student Educational Records
Adopted: June 13, 1998
Revised: April 10, 2005
- November 2013 Photos
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - September
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - August 2013
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - March
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - June
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - May
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - April
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - December 2012