- Board of Education
- Board Meetings
- Policy Book
- Secondary Schools Facilities Committee
- SPHS Building Committee
- Task Forces
JEDB Student Dismissal Precautions
STUDENT DISMISSAL PRECAUTIONS
The School Board seeks to safeguard students by requiring procedures for excusing students from attendance at school. The building principals are directed to develop and implement administrative procedures for dismissing students, subject to the approval of the Superintendent. It is understood that procedures may vary from school to school due to the differing ages of the students.
Students will be released only to parents, legal guardians, and other persons specifically authorized in writing by parents/legal guardians to pick up the student. If the building principal/designee has reason to question the authenticity of any written or verbal communication regarding the release of a student, the parents/guardians shall be contacted for confirmation. The building principal/designee has the authority to deny the release of students to unauthorized or unknown persons.
A custodial parent/guardian who wishes the school to comply with provisions of a court order to restrict access to a child is responsible for providing a certified copy of such order to the school.
In addition, administrative procedures concerning student dismissal shall incorporate the following components:
A. A procedure for dismissing students in the event of an emergency during the school day;
B. A procedure for dismissing students for illness and other reasons prior to the end of the school day; and
C. A procedure for confirming the identity of parents/guardians and others authorized to pick up students prior to releasing students.
Cross Reference: EBCA – Crisis Response Plan
JEA – Compulsory Attendance Ages
KI – Visitors to the Schools
Adopted: March 8, 1976
Revised: May, 2002
Revised: July 8, 2002
- November 2013 Photos
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - September
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - August 2013
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - March
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - June
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - May
- SPHS 2013 Construction Update photos - April
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - December 2012