- Board of Education
- Board Meetings
- Inauguration Speech
- Policy Book
- Secondary Schools Facilities Committee
- SPHS Building Committee
- Task Forces
IJJ-R1 Instructional Materials Selection and Adoption
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS SELECTION AND ADOPTION
To ensure consideration of the criteria for selection as identified in Board Policy IJJ- Instructional and Library Media Materials Selection, the following process is established for the selection of Instructional Materials.
Consideration of changes to textbooks and classroom instructional materials should be made as part of a broader programmatic review process based on direction provided by the Assistant Superintendent. All textbooks, supplies, materials and equipment shall be judged in light of their contribution to the educational needs of the students.
The selection process will ensure clarity of purpose and expected results, agreement as to who makes the decision, a plan for accountability, evaluation and continuous improvement, an assessment of the capacity to make the change, and the early involvement of stakeholders.
The following questions will be addressed in a formal written recommendation for new textbooks or classroom instructional materials:
1. What is the problem that needs to be solved?
a. What is the compelling reason for change?
b. What data support a change?
c. What research supports a change?
2. How and by whom will the decision be made regarding whether or not to recommend a change in instructional materials?
3. What is the proposed solution?
4. What are the anticipated results of this change?
5. How will we evaluate the success of the change?
a. How will we know whether the change produces the anticipated results?
b. Who will be accountable for evaluating the change?
6. Do we have the capacity to make the change?
a. What will the cost of the change be, at its implementation and in the long term?
b. What impact will the change have on school personnel?
7. Who are the stakeholders in this change? How are they involved in this process?
a. Stakeholders are those who are responsible for the final recommendation or are likely to be affected by the outcome of the recommendation.
Adopted: May 5, 2006
- Policy Handbook
- Policy A - Foundations and Basic Commitment
- Policy B - Board Governance and Operations
- Policy C - General School Administration
- Policy D - Fiscal Management
- Policy E - Support Services
- Policy F - Facilities Development
- Policy G - Personnel
- Policy I - Instruction
- ICA School Calendar
- ID School Day
- IEA Departmental Organization
- IGA Curriculum Development
- IGBAE Provision of Special Services To Private - Home Schooling Students
- IGBG Homebound Instruction
- IGBH Alternative Programs
- IGBI LAU Plan
- IGCB Travel Tours
- IGDF Student Fundraising Activities
- IGDJ Interscholastic Activities
- IGDJ-R Co-Curricular Activities
- IHA Grouping For Instruction
- IHB-Class Size
- IHBA Individualized Education Programs (IEP's)
- IHBA-R IEP TEAM MEETING ATTENDANCE
- IHBAA Special Education Referrals
- IHBAA-R Referral Pre-Referral Administrative Procedure
- IHBAB Referral Pre-Referral of Students with Disabilities
- IHBAC Child Find
- IHBAG Programming in the Least Restrictive Environment
- IHBAG-R Programming In the Least Restrictive Enviroment Administrative Procedure
- IHBAI Independent Educational Evaluations (IEPs)
- IHBAJ Special Education Student Oversight Agreement
- IHBAJ-E Progress Report Form
- IHBAK Life Sustaining Emergency Care
- IHBAL Grievance Procedure for Persons with Disabilities
- IHBG Home Schooling
- IHBGA Home Schooling Participation in School Programs
- IHBGB SUPPLEMENTAL STATEMENT OF RIGHTS FOR PRIVATE SCHOOL/ HOME SCHOOLING STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
- IHCDA-Post Secondary Enrollment Options
- IIA Instructional Materials
- IIAA Textbook Selection and Adoption
- IIAB Supplementary Materials Selection and Adoption
- IIAC Library Materials Selection and Adoption
- IIBAB Educational Technicians
- IICA Educational Field Trips and Excursions
- IICA-R Regulation for Medication Administration on School Field Trips
- IICA-R1 Educational Field Trips and Excursions Administrative Procedures
- IICC School Volunteers
- IICC-R School Volunteers Registration Form
- IJJ Instructional and Library Materials Selection
- IJJ-E-1 Request for Reconsideration of Materials
- IJJ-E-2 Incident Report Form
- IJJ-R Library Materials Selection and Adoption
- IJJ-R1 Instructional Materials Selection and Adoption
- IJNC School Libraries
- IJNCA Library Bill of Rights
- IJNCA-E-1 An Interpretation of the Library Bill of Rights
- IJNDB Student Computer and Internet Use
- IJNDB-E-2 Network Etiquette
- IJNDB-R Student Computer and Internet Use Rules
- IJNDBB Laptop Use
- IKA Grading
- IKA-R Grading System
- IKAB Reports to Parents
- IKAD Parent Conferences
- IKB Homework Policy
- IKE Promotion Policy Grades 9 - 12
- IKE-R K - 8 Promotion Retention Guidelines
- IKF-Graduation Requirements
- IKFA Early Graduation
- IKFB Graduation Exercises
- ILA Student Assessment-Local Assessment System
- ILD Educational Research- Student Submission to Surveys, Analyses, or Evaluations
- IMB Teaching About Controversial - Sensitive Issues
- IMBAA Alternatives to Biological Dissection
- IMBAA-R Alternative to Dissection Regulation
- IMBB Exemption from Required Instruction
- IMDB Flag Displays
- IND School Ceremonies and Observances
- INDA Opening Exercises
- ING Animals in the Classroom
- ING-R Protocol for Animals in the Classroom
- JICH-R -Substance Abuse-Admin.Procedures
- Policy J - Students
- Policy K - School Community Relations Goals
- Policy L - Education Agency Relations
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update - January / February 2013
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - December 2012
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update - December 2012
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos - October 25, 2012
- SPHS Construction Update - October 25, 2012
- SPHS Construction Update
- SPHS 2012 Construction Update photos
- August 27th - Construction Update
- August 16th Construction Update